Python raises the ERROR: torch has an invalid wheel when the wheel package for PyTorch that you are trying to install is incompatible with your system.
- You might be using an outdated version of pip, setuptools, or wheel.
- You might have a Python version that isn’t supported by torch.
- Your installed packages are clashing with the torch module.
How to fix ERROR: torch has an invalid wheel
To fix the ERROR: torch has an invalid wheel, use this command: pip install torch===1.7.0 torchvision===0.8.1 torchaudio===0.7.0 -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html
The command “pip install torch===1.7.0 torchvision===0.8.1 torchaudio===0.7.0 -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html” is used to install specific versions of the PyTorch library, torchvision, and torchaudio, from the PyTorch stable wheel repository.
The “===1.7.0” and “===0.8.1” specify the version number of PyTorch and torchvision that you want to install, while the “torchaudio===0.7.0” specifies the version number of torchaudio.
The “-f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html” option is used to specify the URL of the wheel repository from where you want to install the packages.
If you still face the error, try the following alternate solutions.
- You can upgrade the pip by using this command: “pip install –upgrade pip”.
- You can check the system’s Python version and ensure that PyTorch wheel packages are specific to a particular version of Python.
- Run the “pip install path/to/wheel_package.whl” command to install the wheel package.
- Download a wheel package for PyTorch that is compatible with your system’s Python version and architecture (32 or 64-bit).
Use this command: “pip install torch===1.7.0 torchvision===0.8.1 torchaudio===0.7.0 -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html” to solve the “wheel torch is invalid” error.