How to install visual studio code on mac
In this tutorial, I will show how to install visual studio code on mac. Visual Studio Code is free and available on your favorite platform – Linux, Mac OSX, and Windows. Download Visual Studio Code to experience a redefined code editor, optimized for building and debugging modern web and cloud applications.
Install visual studio code on mac.
Four easy steps can do the job for you.
- Download Visual Studio Code for Mac.
- Double-click on the downloaded archive to expand the contents.
- Drag Visual Studio Code.app to the Applications folder, making it available in the Launchpad.
- Add VS Code to your Dock by right-clicking on the icon and choosing Options Keep in Doc.
After installing the VS Code, we can also configure the code to open from a command line, and it is pretty darn easy for us to do that.
- Launch VS Code.
- Open the Command Palette (⇧⌘P) and type ‘shell command‘ to find the Shell Command: Install ‘code’ command in PATH command.
Now, if you have created any project that goes into that folder and hit the following command to open that project into the Visual Studio Code.
See, it is very easy to install visual studio code on mac.
Some of the best language supports are as follows.
CSS, Sass, Less
VS Code Extension Marketplace.
There are many PHP extensions out there, and some of the famous are as following.
- PHP Intellisense
- PHP Debug
One of the main features of Visual Studio Code is its great debugging support. VS Code’s built-in debugger helps accelerate your edit, compile and debug loop.
Using Version Control in VS Code
In Visual Studio Code, you can open an integrated terminal, initially starting at the root of your workspace. It can be very convenient as you don’t have to switch windows or alter the state of an existing terminal to perform a quick command line task. If you are working in JS environment then often you need to install the new packages, and at this time this integrated terminal works fantastic.